Return to Home Page
Home    |    About    |    Find An Agent    |    Career    |    My Account    |    Contact Us  
View our insurance produrcts.View our Resource Centers for great tips and answers to insurance related questions.Report a claim using online.Find a local Farm Bureau Insurance agent or office.

Insurance Products
Auto Insurance
  Property Insurance
  Life Insurance
  Farm & Ranch Insurance
  Commericial or Businessowner Insurance
  Health & Other Services
Related Articles
  Commonly Asked Questions about Auto Insurance
  What if I'm Involved in an Auto Accident?
  How do I read my Auto Insurance Policy?
  Understanding the Costs of
Auto Insurance
  Your Teen Driver
  Personal Liability Umbrella Coverage
Even Brett Favre can't beat our coverage.

Farm Bureau® Insurance  |  Insurance Products  |  Auto Insurance
Types of Auto Insurance Coverages
There are several types of coverages for your auto insurance that are designed to protect you in varying circumstances. Understanding these coverages and how they aid you in an accident is important to helping you determine what you need from your auto insurance policy. Your local Farm Bureau® Insurance agent can further explain these coverages and options to fit your needs.

Liability Insurance

Bodily Injury Liability (BI)
This coverage covers you if you cause an accident in which someone else is hurt or killed. Bodily Injury also includes medical expenses, loss of income, pain and suffering. Bodily Injury Liability is subject to the limits defined in you policy so its important that you have high enough limits to avoid financial losses.

Property Damage
This coverage covers you when you damage someone else’s property. Usually it’s someone else’s car, but it could apply to buildings, utility poles, garage doors, and other physical property.
Uninsured/Underinsured Motorist (UM/UIM)
This coverage covers you and insured members of your household and your passengers (medical and other expenses) when you are hit by a driver without adequate auto insurance. It provides protection when you vehicle is involved in a hit-and-run accident.  UM/UIM coverage includes medical, loss of income, pain and suffering. This coverage covers the difference between what the other at fault driver's insurance covers and the costs of your bodily injuries, up to the limits of the policy.
Medical Payments Coverage (Med Pay, or MPC)
This coverage covers pays for your medical and funeral expenses for you and your passengers injured in while in your insured vehicle. Even when your a passenger in another vehicle or struck by a vehicle while on foot, Med Pay Coverage extends with you and your insured family members, based on the limits of your policy.
This coverage covers damage to your car if you run into another car, a brick wall, a fire hydrant, or other object. The coverage reimburses the costs of repair or replacement of your damaged vehicle, minus the deductible.
This coverage covers you in case your car is stolen or damaged in ways that don’t involve a collision. Covered risks include hail, fire, theft, flood, earthquake, explosion, falling objects, and encounters with wildlife, such as deer.

Would you like to talk to your local Farm Bureau® Insurance agent?  Find an Agent

My Account

Your My Account profile will allow you pay your bills online, report a claim, and view your billing summary for all eligible policies.

Want to Register?

Your My Account profile will allow you pay your bills online, report a claim, and view your billing summary for all eligible policies.

If you need assistance or have questions about this feature, please contact our Customer Support Department.

Mon - Fri  /  8am to 5pm (MST)

The MOBILE Agent is available to download!
Get Social with us!

Join the Farm Bureau® Insurance Family
Are you considering a career in insurance and financial serv-ices? Farm Bureau Insur-ance®* has great opportunities for hard-working, self-motivated, success-oriented individuals.


Looking for a career in the insurance industry?

Find an Agent
Talk to your local  Farm Bureau® Insurance agent today.
Find a local Farm Bureau Insurance agent or office.
Report a Claim
Our Claims Department is one of the best in the state. Ready and eager to get you back on track after an accident.

Please contact the Customer Support Department for immediate assistance.

Mon - Fri  /  8am to 5pm (MST)
Learn more about how to report a claim.
Return to Home Page
Protecting the Colorado Way of Life™ since 1950.
Personal Auto
Commercial Auto

Manufactured Homes
Condo / Townhome
Dwelling Fire

Country Squire
Country Home
Commercial Excess Liability
Other Services
Excess Liability
Financial & Banking
Resource Center
Insurance Review
Keeping You Safe

Copyright © 2011 *Colorado Farm Bureau Mutual Insurance Co.  |  Southern Farm Bureau Life Insurance Company, Jackson, MS
Sitemap    |    Legal    |    Privacy