Return to Home Page
Home    |    About    |    Find An Agent    |    Career    |    My Account    |    Contact Us  
View our insurance produrcts.View our Resource Centers for great tips and answers to insurance related questions.Report a claim using online.Find a local Farm Bureau Insurance agent or office.

Insurance Products
Auto Insurance
  Property Insurance
  Life Insurance
  Farm & Ranch Insurance
  Commericial or Businessowner Insurance
  Health & Other Services
Related Articles
  Personal Liability Umbrella Coverage
  Did you know that 25% of all flood claims come from home in low-risk areas?
  Have you prepared for your retirement?

Even Brett Favre can't beat our coverage.

Farm Bureau Insurance®*  |  Insurance Products  |  Health & Other Services
Flood Insurance for your home
You might not be worried about damage from flooding because you don't live near the coast or another body of water. Or maybe you assume your home is already covered for water damage by your homeowner's insurance policy. The fact is that flooding does happen, and you need to be prepared if it does. Your local agent can tell you if you home is at risk, and if flood insurance is something you should consider.

Your homeowner's insurance does not cover damage caused by flooding. A separate policy must be purchased through the National Flood Insurance Program. Your Farm Bureau Insurance®* agent can assist you with purchasing a flood insurance policy for your home. A Farm Bureau Insurance®* agent can also answer questions you may have about an existing flood policy.

Importance of Flood Insurance
Statistics show that during the course of a 30-year mortgage, a home is three times more likely to be damaged by a flood than by a fire.

Because all it takes is a few inches of water to damage your home and its contents, it is important you are covered. Since homeowner's insurance does not cover flooding, it's important to have protection from the floods associated with heavy rains and other conditions that impact Colorado.

A flood insurance policy offers coverage for both the structure (your home) itself and your personal property, including furniture, electronic equipment and other items that can be damaged by flooding.

Low-Risk Flood Areas Insurance Needs
Even if you live in a low-risk flood area, your home may still be at risk. Each year about 25 percent of all flood claims are filed by people who live in low-to moderate-risk areas.

Don't take an unnecessary risk with your home. If you live in a low risk area, you may qualify for some of the lowest premiums available through the National Flood Insurance Program (NFIP). Speak with a local Farm Bureau Insurance®* agent to get a flood insurance quotefor your home.

Getting the Right Flood Insurance
A flood policy provides coverage for personal property damaged by rising water. When buying a flood policy you may select from several coverage options including:
Coverage for the building only
Coverage for the contents only
Coverage for both the building and contents

It is important to understand the limits of coverage available under a standard flood policy. Coverage is limited up to $250,000 on the structure itself and contents coverage is limited up to $100,000. If you need additional coverage, you may purchase an excess flood policy. Your agent can help you get a flood insurance policy through NFIP and an excess flood insurance policy to make sure you have the right amount of coverage.

30-day Waiting Period
Typically, there is a 30-day waiting period before a new flood policy or changes to an existing policy are effective. That's why it is especially important that you purchase a flood policy before severe weather threatens your area.

Get Flood Insurance for Your Home Today
Now is the time to get flood insurance. Remember, it takes 30 days after purchase for a flood policy to take effect. If you already have a separate flood insurance policy, it's important to review it annually to make sure you have enough coverage for your home and its contents. Contact your local Farm Bureau Insurance®* agent to get a quote on flood insurance or review your existing flood policy.

My Account

Your My Account profile will allow you pay your bills online, report a claim, and view your billing summary for all eligible policies.

Want to Register?

Your My Account profile will allow you pay your bills online, report a claim, and view your billing summary for all eligible policies.

If you need assistance or have questions about this feature, please contact our Customer Support Department.

Mon - Fri  /  8am to 5pm (MST)

The MOBILE Agent is available to download!
Get Social with us!

Join the Farm Bureau Insurance®* Family
Are you considering a career in insurance and financial serv-ices? Farm Bureau Insur-ance®* has great opportunities for hard-working, self-motivated, success-oriented individuals.

Looking for a career in the insurance industry?
Find an Agent
Talk to your local Farm Bureau Insurance®* agent today.
Find a local Farm Bureau Insurance agent or office.
Report a Claim
Our Claims Department is one of the best in the state. Ready and eager to get you back on track after an accident.

Please contact the Customer Support Department for immediate assistance.

Mon - Fri  /  8am to 5pm (MST)
Learn more about how to report a claim.

Return to Home Page
Protecting the Colorado Way of Life™ since 1950.
Personal Auto
Commercial Auto

Manufactured Homes
Condo / Townhome
Dwelling Fire

Country Squire
Country Home
Commercial Excess Liability
Other Services
Excess Liability
Financial & Banking
Resource Center
Insurance Review
Keeping You Safe

Copyright © 2011 *Colorado Farm Bureau Mutual Insurance Company  |  Southern Farm Bureau Life Insurance Company, Jackson, MS
Sitemap    |    Legal    |    Privacy