Regional Underwriting Manager – Commercial
Are you looking for a professional home where you can learn, grow, and reach your potential? Think on your feet, enjoy variety, learn quickly, and enjoy challenges? Colorado Farm Bureau Insurance Company is looking for a Regional Underwriting Manager to lead our Commercial Underwriting team. If you love insurance and have great leadership skills, this is the career for you.
What you’ll need to have:
- Strong desire to grow with an organization where you will have a long-term career
- 10 years in Commercial Underwriting or closely related insurance experience. 4-7 years’ experience related to Underwriting.
- Bachelor’s degree – preferred or related work experience may be applicable.
What you’ll do:
- Manage Underwriting functions in respective area.
- Oversee development and implementation of approved policies, procedures, forms, contracts, systems and products (varies by state).
- Develop plans and goals to meet corporate objectives.
- Manage/monitor assigned personnel and assist Underwriting Manager with personnel needs; hiring, evaluations, promotions, terminations, awards, training and development.
- Examine and handle inquiries, complaints and appeals from agency force, customers and Department of Insurance.
- Revise guidelines according to legal and market conditions.
- Participate/coordinate reinsurance activities (varies by state).
- Coordinate, oversee and participate in various inspection/reinspection program for various lines of business. Monitor and assist with Loss Ratio Review Programs.
- Enterprise Risk Management (ERM) risk ownership responsibilities to be conducted as assigned.
What we have for you:
- Health Wellness – Medical, Dental, Vision
- Life Wellness – Base Life, Supplemental Life & AD&D Insurance
- Financial Wellness – Employer Defined Benefit Pension & Defined Contribution 401(k) with match
- Work/Life Wellness – PTO & Company Holidays / Annual RTD Eco Pass / EAP
Send your resume & salary requirements to:
SFBCIC & CFBIC are dedicated to the principles of equal employment opportunity in any term, condition or privilege of employment. The Company does not discriminate against applicants or employees on the basis of age, race, sex, color, religion, national origin, disability or any other status protected by state or local law.