Why Oral Health Matters
Your mouth speaks more loudly about your overall health than you may think. Did you know…
- Studies show that people with gum disease are more likely to have heart disease?
- Elevated blood sugars caused by diabetes can increase the risk of gum disease?
- Dry mouth and tongue can cause tooth decay?
- Stress, anxiety, and depression can put you at higher risk for poor oral health?
- Tooth loss could be a sign of osteoporosis?
- Gum disease, rheumatoid arthritis, and kidney disease are also linked to poor oral health?
Although it may be taken for granted by most of us, our oral health is intertwined with every aspect of our overall health. Our mouths can tip us off to nutritional deficiencies, infections, and systemic diseases.
Prevent Dental Disease and Keep Your Teeth Healthy
June is the American Dental Association’s National Oral Health Month. This is a great mid-year reminder that establishing and sticking to a sound dental health plan can go a long way. No matter your age, oral health should merit regular check-ups that can prevent dental disease and make it possible for you to keep your natural teeth throughout your life.
Many put off dental visits until they are experiencing pain… Preventive care is wiser, as it often allows for more desired outcomes. Today’s advancements in dentistry make it more likely than ever to get a successful diagnosis and treatment, with less pain than you might expect.
How to Practice Good Oral Hygiene
You already know the drill for practicing good oral hygiene. Follow these instructions, and you’ll be rewarded with healthy teeth that can last a lifetime:
- Brush your teeth twice a day with a fluoride toothpaste.
- Floss between your teeth once a day.
- Replace your toothbrush every three or four months.
- Eat a balanced diet and limit sugary snacks.
- Add routine check-ups to your regime.
Parents, be sure to lead by example! Start your children on their own path of excellent oral health by practicing these same healthful habits.
Sign Up for Colorado Farm Bureau’s Dental Discount Plan
All Colorado Farm Bureau Insurance policyholders are also members of the Colorado Farm Bureau Federation, which offers member benefits like a dental savings plan from Careington’s national dental network. The plan allows you to take advantage of savings offered by leaders in the dental care industry while focusing on local, neighborhood dentists.
Careington’s Dental Discount Plan is super affordable and offers between 47-60% off common dental procedures. There is no waiting period, so you can visit an in-network dentist and receive your savings right after enrollment.
|Member + 1||$8.95||$80.00|
|Member + Family||$11.95||$107.00|
Our insurance policyholders have access to many benefits like discounts on health services like dental savings plans, everyday shopping, travel and hotel stays, vehicles, and more. Make your insurance work for you by switching to Colorado Farm Bureau Insurance. To get started, find a local agent near you.