Coverage for Personal Use Farms
If you have a small farm with farm animals for personal use, then you may qualify for Farm Bureau Insurance®’s Country Home® policy—specifically designed to protect our members who have small ranches or farms (1-75 acres).
Country Home® insurance is not for members who make a profit from their farm activities. If you sell the goods and/or services of your livestock or farm animals, you would not qualify for the Country Home® product—but you might qualify for our Country Squire product.
Provides coverage for some risks that are normally excluded, if your residence property includes these types of additional exposures:
- Acreage used for…
- Other agricultural use
- Buildings and structures (for Agricultural use)
- Mobile agricultural equipment
- Tools and equipment used to maintain a residence with agricultural exposures
Farm Property and Equipment
Coverage options are available to protect your home, outbuildings, farm machinery, livestock, and farm equipment.
Farm liability coverage is also available to provide protection should someone be injured on the farm or injured by livestock and farm equipment on the road.
Other Specialized Farm Coverage
To better meet your unique farming needs, we offer additional farm insurance coverage options:
- Farm Environmental Liability Policy in case of accidental pollution
- Cargo Policy to provide protection when transporting farm products
- Livestock Mortality Policy to protect any animals you own
Farm Umbrella Policy
Personal and commercial auto insurance policies are available for vehicles used on and off the farm. Coverage is available for tractor rigs used on the farm, farm-use dump trucks, and spreader trucks. Be sure to ask your agent about Seasonal-use rates.
If you are a hobby farmer or rancher, Farm Bureau Insurance® agents have access to a variety of coverage options including:
- Personal Farm Liability – includes non-commercial activities
- Farm or Equine Property – includes barns, stables, and tack
- Farm Equipment – includes tractors, front end loaders, hay balers, and trailers
Do you farm for personal use and need an insurance policy that protects your property, including livestock? Find a local Farm Bureau Insurance® agent to see if Country Home insurance is right for you.