Insurance for Colorado Business Owners
Colorado is our home too, so we understand the unique insurance needs you face as a business owner in our state. We also know that in today’s economic climate, it’s more important than ever to stretch every dollar as far as it can go. Whatever type of business you may own, you can count on the local agents at Farm Bureau Insurance® to help you find the insurance coverage you need at affordable rates.
Business Owner’s Policy
Farm Bureau Insurance® provides a simplified approach to writing main street business. Our Business Owner’s Policy has been designed to provide the small-to-medium sized main street business owner with a comprehensive type policy that combines basic property, loss of income, and general liability coverages.
The Business Owner’s Policy programs include Office, Mercantile, Processing and Servicing, Wholesale, Motel, Storage Facilities, and related risks.
Whether you own your building or lease the premises, property insurance coverage will protect your real property (buildings or structures), business personal property (including betterments and improvements), as well as inventory exposures.
Business Owner’s Policy Coverages
- Buildings or Structures at the described premises
- Business Personal Property and/or Inventory
- Business Income and Extra Expense
- Equipment Breakdown coverage
- Exterior Building Glass
In addition to the basic coverage for property, loss of income and extra expense and general liability coverage; the Business Owner’s Policy automatically offers the following as additional coverages:
- Debris Removal
- Preservation of Property
- Fire Department Service Charge
- Business Income
- Extra Expense
- Pollutant Clean-up and Removal
- Civil Authority
- Increased Cost of Construction
- Business Income From Dependent Properties
- Fire Extinguisher Systems Recharge Expense
- Electronic Data
- Interruption of Computer Operations
The following coverage extensions are also included in the policy and provide an additional amount of insurance:
- Newly Acquired Or Constructed Property
- Personal Property Off-premises
- Outdoor Property
- Personal Effects
- Valuable Papers and Records – Research Cost
- Accounts Receivable
For an additional premium, the following options are available as part of the Business Owner’s Policy. However, they must be selected by the insured:
- Outdoor Signs
- Money and Securities
- Employee Dishonesty
- Building Limit – Automatic Increase
- Business Personal Property Limit – Seasonal Increase
Other endorsement options are available as well:
- Ordinance Or Law Coverage
- Utility Services – Direct Damage
- Utility Services – Time Element
- Water Back-up and Sump Overflow
- Windstorm or Hail Deductible
- Additional Insured – Building Owner
Business Owner’s Liability Coverage
Our Farm Bureau Insurance® Business Owner’s Liability coverage provides two primary coverages:
Business liability pays those sums the insured becomes legally obligated to pay as damages because of bodily injury, property damage or personal injury and advertising injury. Liability Limits from $300,000 to $1,000,000
Medical expense coverage pays third parties for their medical expenses incurred at the insured premises or arising out of the insured’s operations. Limit of Liability is $5,000 (option to increase to $10,000)
Damage to Premises Rented to you provides $50,000 in liability protection for property damage arising out of fire to premises while rented to the named insured they do not own or temporarily occupied by the named insured. For an additional premium the coverage can be broadened by adding the optional endorsement Broadened Coverage for Damage to Premises Rented to You.
Other endorsement options are available:
- Additional Insureds:
- Controlling Interest
- Lessor of Leased Equipment and Vendors
- Hired and Non-Owned Automobile Coverage
Commercial Excess Liability Coverage
Our Commercial Excess Liability coverage provides additional protection over your underlying General Liability and Automobile Coverage. Our Commercial Excess Liability coverage is available for both the Commercial Package Policy and the Business Owner’s Policy.
Find a local Farm Bureau Insurance® agent to assist you in getting the coverage you need to protect your business.