Personal Automobile Insurance Coverage
You need insurance for your personal vehicles that you can count on. We couldn’t agree more.
Our Automobile insurance program offers options for protecting your vehicle and occupants from the result of an accident.
Personal Liability insurance is coverage required by the State of Colorado. This protects you and your family against a claim or lawsuit for bodily injury or property damage for which you are legally liable because of an auto accident.
We offer this optional coverage for reasonable expenses incurred for medical and funeral services because of bodily injury caused by an auto accident sustained by you, a family member, or any other person occupying your insured auto.
Uninsured/Underinsured Motorist Bodily Injury
Optional coverage for damages you, a family member, or an occupant of your insured auto are legally entitled to recover for bodily injury caused by an auto accident involving:
- An underinsured motorist who is not insured or bonded for bodily injury liability at the time of the accident,
- An underinsured motorist who is insured or bonded for bodily injury liability at the time of the accident, but the liability coverage limit is not enough to pay the full amount that you, a family member or an occupant of your insured auto are legally entitled to recover as damages, or
- A hit and run, or miss and run auto accident where the owner or operator of the auto causing the bodily injury remains unknown.
Uninsured/Underinsured Motorist Property Damage
Optional coverage for damages you or a family member are legally entitled to recover for property damage from the owner or operator of an uninsured or underinsured auto.
Optional coverage for damage to your insured auto resulting from:
- Collision: Actual physical contact between your insured auto and another object; or the upset of your insured auto
- Comprehensive/Glass: Any cause, except collision, as defined in the policy.
- Specified Perils: One or more of six specifically listed causes of loss.
Additional Physical Damage Coverage Payments
- If you have paid a premium for Optional Comprehensive/Glass Coverage or Optional Specified Perils Coverage for your insured auto and a total theft of your insured auto occurs, we will provide coverage, per policy terms, for transportation costs you incur.
- If you have paid a premium for Optional Comprehensive/Glass Coverage for your insured auto, we will provide Roadside Assistance for it, per policy terms, if it becomes disabled.
- If you have paid a premium for Optional Comprehensive/Glass Coverage, Optional Specified Perils Coverage, or Optional Collision Coverage for your insured auto we will pay, per policy terms, when your insured auto must be towed to the nearest qualified repair facility due to a covered loss.
Limited Rental Expense Coverage
This coverage pays you for the necessary expenses to rent a temporary substitute auto while your insured auto is disabled due to a loss covered under the policy’s Collision, Comprehensive or Specified Perils coverage, subject to policy provisions.
Provides coverage for equipment installed in your insured auto up to the limit of liability specified, subject to policy provisions.
Lessor – Additional Insured
Provides liability coverage, subject to policy provisions, to the lessor of your leased auto named in the policy as an additional insured
Personal Excess Liability
Provides increased liability coverage to protect you and your family in the event of a catastrophic lawsuit or judgement.
Be sure to discuss your policy limits and coverages with your local Farm Bureau Insurance® agent who can assist you in getting the coverages that you and your family need for all of your vehicles.