Insurance Products


Customize an affordable policy that protects where you live.

Find an Agent

Homeowner’s Insurance

Farm Bureau Insurance® offers several types of homeowner’s insurance policies with various coverage options. Most of our homeowner’s insurance policies contain similar basic coverage options, but the amount of coverage and specifics of the coverage can vary by the type of policy you have. Your local Farm Bureau Insurance® agent will help you find the best coverage for your situation, review your policy with you, and answer any questions you may have.

Homeowner’s Insurance Coverages


Dwelling Protection protects the dwelling (building) on the residence premises used as your private residence.

Protection for Other Structures

You might have other buildings on your property that are separate or detached from your primary residence. This coverage provides protection for other structures on the residence premises set apart from the dwelling by clear space. Your agent can review the specifics of the policy and coverage limits.

Personal Property

Your home is more than just brick and mortar. Your personal property — like furniture, artwork, and other possessions — is also important to you. The items inside your home are covered under your homeowner’s policy under Personal Property Protection. Be sure to discuss your policy limits with your agent to determine if you may need to raise the limits for your personal property.

Personal Liability

If someone is injured or their property is damaged while they are at your house, Personal Liability Coverage helps protect you and your family against a claim or lawsuit.

Medical Payments to Others

Medical Payments to Others coverage pays reasonable and necessary medical expenses to anyone who is injured while at your home and who does not live with you.

Loss of Use

If your home is damaged by a covered loss and deemed unlivable, you’ll need to find another place to live while your home is repaired. Loss of Use covers additional living expenses (up to the limits of your specific policy) if your home becomes uninhabitable due to a covered loss.

Optional Additional Coverages

Scheduled Personal Property

Provides increased limits and broader coverage for Jewelry, Guns, Fine Arts, Silverware, Stamps, Coins, Watercraft, Recreational Vehicles, Computer Equipment and Software, and other items.

Personal Injury

Provides coverage for personal offenses such as slander, libel, false arrest, detention, imprisonment, malicious prosecution, or wrongful eviction.

Personal Excess Liability

Provides increased liability coverage to protect you and your family in the event of a catastrophic lawsuit or judgment.

Specialty Homeowners and Dwelling Fire

Farm Bureau Insurance®’s speciality homeowner’s insurance offerings are provided through brokerage partners who cover:

  • Landlord properties (up to 4 units) and lower-value homes
  • Homes with minor cosmetic problems
  • Homes with a market value below replacement cost
  • Rental and vacant homes
  • Customers with credit and/or loss problems

Ready to find a policy that has the coverages you need for your home and property? Learn more when you contact a Farm Bureau Insurance® agent.

Download the MOBILE agent App

MOBILE agent offers on-the-go convenience with 24/7 access to account information. Review your policies, report a claim, contact a local agent, or request emergency roadside assistance — all with a few taps of your screen.