Insurance Products

Renter’s Insurance

Get valuable protection for your rented home and possessions for much less than a traditional homeowners insurance policy.

Find an Agent

Insurance for Colorado Renters

Just because you rent instead of owning your home doesn’t mean you don’t have valuables worth protecting. When you consider the cost of your clothing, kitchen supplies, TV, furniture, etc. – are you in a financial position to replace all those items if the unexpected happens?

Your local Farm Bureau Insurance® agent can help you protect your stuff, even if you don’t own your home.

Property Coverage for Renters

Property coverage protects your rented home, possessions and certain additional structures on the rental property. Property coverage may provide protection for damages caused by the following:

  • Fire & Smoke
  • Lightning, Wind or Hail
  • Explosion
  • Riot or Civil Commotion
  • Vehicle or Aircraft
  • Vandalism or Malicious Mischief
  • Theft
  • Falling Objects
  • Weight of Ice, Hail, Snow or Sleet
  • Accidental Discharge or Overflow of Water or Steam
  • Freezing Temperatures

In addition to everything covered above, you may be eligible for additional covered losses. If you qualify, you may receive these extra coverages at no additional charge (deductible applies unless otherwise noted):

  • Debris Removal
  • Reasonable Repairs
  • Trees, Shrubs, Plants and Lawns
  • Fire Department Service Charge
  • Property Removed
  • Credit Card, EFT Card or Access Device, Forgery and Counterfeit Money
  • Loss Assessments
  • Collapse
  • Glass or Safety Glazing Material
  • Landlord’s Furnishings
  • Grave Markers
  • Water Back Up and Sump Discharge or Overflow
  • Inflation Guard Protection
  • Refrigerated or Frozen Food

Available Renter Discounts

  • Loyal Customer
  • Multi-Product (Home and Auto, etc.)

Available Coverages

Dwelling Protection

As the name indicates, Dwelling Protection protects the dwelling (building structure) on the residence premises and used as your primary private residence.

Protection For Other Structures

You might have other structures on your property that are separate or detached from your primary residence structure. This coverage provides protection for other structures on the residence premises set apart from the dwelling by clear space.

Personal Property Protection

Your home is more than just brick and mortar. Your personal property – like furniture, clothing, and other possessions – is also important. The items inside your home are covered under your Homeowner’s policy under Personal Property Protection. Be sure to discuss your policy limits and coverages with a Farm Bureau Insurance® agent to determine if you may need to increase coverage for your personal property.

Personal Liability

Personal Liability Coverage helps protect you and your family against a claim or lawsuit for loss or damage for which you are legally liable.

Medical Payments to Others

Coverage pays reasonable and necessary medical expenses to anyone who is injured while visiting your home and who does not live with you.

Loss of Use

If your home is damaged by a covered loss and deemed unlivable, you’ll need to find another place to live while your home is repaired. Loss of Use covers additional living expenses (up to the limits of your specific policy) if your home becomes uninhabitable due to a covered loss.

Fair Rental Value

If you currently rent or have available for rent, any part of your insured premises to others and it becomes unusable due to a covered loss, we will pay, for up to 12 months, the fair rental value of the rented premises while it is uninhabitable.

Ready to apply for renters insurance? Find your local Farm Bureau Insurance® agent today.

Download the MOBILE agent App

MOBILE agent offers on-the-go convenience with 24/7 access to account information. Review your policies, report a claim, contact a local agent, or request emergency roadside assistance — all with a few taps of your screen.